Make Communities helps develop accessible, equitable and empowered places, organizations and networks that are equipped with the tools they need to realize their visions.
Accessible… We facilitate new ways for our partners to transform places, systems and operations to be more open, responsive and meaningful for their communities.
Equitable… We build processes and target outcomes that are inclusive and representative so initiatives will have the organized support needed to improve communities with the people who live there.
Empowered… We help design plans, policies, programs and projects that turn local knowledge into actionable power, helping people, organizations and communities deliver tangible results.
Make Communities provides:
- best practice knowledge and technical assistance in community development
- engaging research and reports to guide programs, policies and investment decisions
- social and racial equity engagement, analysis and training
- community organizing, mobilization and training
- meaningful pathways to collaboration between grassroots and grass-tops stakeholders
- facilitation of multifaceted cross-sector organizations, collaborations and task groups
- start-up planning and implementation of socially focused initiatives
- on-the-ground community assessments of physical assets and infrastructure, including complete streets, vacant property, housing and commercial development
- targeted, market conscious revitalization strategies
Learn about some of the projects we’ve been involved in at the links below:
– Racial equity research, reports and messaging: The Racial Equity Roundtable
– Community planning and development: A Vision for Black Rock Harbor – West Scajaquada
– Policies and programs for accessible and inclusive communities: Complete Streets
– Policies and practices for equitable communities: One Region Forward
– Strategic planning and organizational development: Open Buffalo
– Project based planning and community engagement: Vision Plan for the Stella Niagara Preserve