Make Communities works with neighborhood groups, non-profits, coalitions, foundations and local governments to create actionable strategies that lead to community change.
Make Communities helps equip our clients and partners with the tools they need for equitable community, organizational and economic development.
We help identify, craft and support solutions on place based, people centered priorities through community focused research; stakeholder engagement and mobilization; and training and technical assistance.
Whether at the policy, planning, project or programmatic level, our diverse experience and hands on knowledge base guides our goal-oriented approach.
Make Communities provides:
- best practice knowledge and technical assistance in community development
- engaging research and reports to guide programs, policies and investment decisions
- social and racial equity engagement and analysis
- community organizing, mobilization and training
- meaningful pathways to collaboration between grassroots and grass-tops stakeholders
- facilitation of multifaceted cross-sector organizations, collaborations and task groups
- start-up planning and implementation of socially focused initiatives
- on-the-ground community assessments of physical assets and infrastructure, including complete streets, vacant property, housing and commercial development
- targeted, market conscious revitalization strategies
Learn about some of the projects we’ve been involved in at the links below:
– Policies and programs for accessible and inclusive communities: Complete Streets
– Policies and practices for equitable communities: One Region Forward
– Strategic planning and organizational development: Open Buffalo
– Project based planning: Vision Plan for the Stella Niagara Preserve
– Community planning and development: A Vision for Black Rock Harbor – West Scajaquada
– Racial equity research, reports and messaging: The Racial Equity Roundtable